2022 Stingrays Coaching Search
SCST Head Coach
Reports to: Board President
Overview: Oversees the coaching of swimmers vast in age and skill level to achieve their best performance. Leads, manages, and holds the coaching staff and swimmers accountable through teaching technique and style, knowing swimmers and their abilities, building team spirit and having fun. Plans and attends all practices, dual meets and invitational meets. Communicates effectively to the Board President, coaches, swimmers and parents.
- Plan practices to improve water confidence for younger swimmers and hone skills of older swimmers. Staff each practice appropriate to size and skill level.
- Engage older swimmers to coach and help on deck with younger age swimmers.
- Develop and implement training programs for each level swimmer.
- Strategically plan meets to match swimmers and events.
- Build competitive relays while making sure each swimmer has a chance to participate in relays once during the season.
- Track swimmer performance during meets, give instant feedback to swimmers and develop improvement plans accordingly with the help of coaching staff.
- Reduce the number of disqualifications as the season progresses.
- Position swimmers to qualify for invitational meets.
- Mentor and manage assistant coaches.
- Previous head coaching experience strongly preferred.
- Passionate leadership and coaching skills.
- Fully understand all NWAL rules and regulations.
- Pass NWAL coaching test and background check.
- Have a complete knowledge of swim meet computer program (Swimtopia)